Saturday, December 20, 2008

Would you know a beer engine if it bit you in the ass?

I'm just asking? Cause I've been toting this thing around chattanooga for almost four months now, if you count the southern brewers festival and it's a hoss. And I've done a lot of explaining. See, it's not good enough that our production is on the level of some homebrewers and our market penetration aint penetratin' ( O.K. I'm gonna avoid the obvious double entandre') I gotta go and try to introduce chattanooga to "real" cask conditioned ale pumped through a british beer engine that would make a helluva boat anchor. But damn....that beer is good! especially when that cask is first tapped and the sparkler head stirs up all that hoppy malty flavour (as the british spell it) and aroma. Ok I would write more but I gotta grab a 60 lb cask and a 50 lb beer engine. I'm gonna have to get some steel toed galoshes.........
(oh, by the way, for those with the sore butt wondering what got 'em, (unless you're in prison..or got way to drunk last night..) a beer engine is the mechanism that pumps the beer from the cask throught he sparkler head. (that's another story...)

No comments: